New East Hempfield Township community of single-family and carriage homes on site of former farm to host three-day open house next weekend
When builder EGStoltzfus was planning Landis Farm, a new-home community on 65 acres in East Hempfield Township, it hired a national research firm to ensure those new homes reflected the latest design trends.
Now EGStoltzfus is ready to unveil Landis Farm — and its new design collection — at a public open house next weekend, April 22-24. Hours are noon to 5 p.m. all three days.
The highlight, of course, is the two-story model home, one of 12 newly revised single-family home plans in the 2016 EGS Collection, says Andy Dula, chief operating and financial officer for EGStoltzfus.
Landis Farm will also include attached one-story carriage homes, available in three new designs. A carriage home model will be available to tour during the grand opening
The single-family model home, a Brentwood, showcases many of those key design features found in the new floor plans, including:
- The “lifestyle triangle,” an open floor plan that visually and physically unites the kitchen, casual eating area and primary entertaining room.
- Large walk-in pantries, or “Costco rooms,” that provide space for bulk items, storage for kitchen tools, or an out-of-the-way pet space for food bowls and litter boxes.
- Walls of windows to let in plenty of natural light.
- Multipurpose flex space. In the model home, it’s a study off the family room that could also be transformed to serve as anything from a playroom to a guest room.”We’re not boxing these rooms in, but making them adaptable to your lifestyle,” Dula says.
To add to its flexibility, this particular room in the model home also features a massive sliding barn door, another popular design trend that not only adds architectural interest, but also allows the room to be as open or as private as necessary.
- Charging stations for all the family’s mobile devices.
- Larger garage with flexible space that can be used as a craft area, kids’ drop zone, work area or simply for extra storage.
- Drop zones that include cubbies, lockers, benches and a place for mobile phones and other devices.
Although flexibility is built into the new floor plans, it is also part of the EGStoltzfus philosophy, Dula says, noting that buyers will have the flexibility to make some modifications to the interiors of the designs to fit their personal needs and tastes.
When complete, Landis Farm will have a total of 99 single-family homes and 50 carriage homes.
Single-family homes range in size from 1,855 square feet for a one-story to 3,237 square feet for the largest two-story plan. Carriage homes are 1,482 to 1,915 square feet.
Prices start in the mid-$300s for single-family homes and the high-$200s for carriage homes.
The weekend event will include special incentives and guaranteed grand opening pricing.
Landis Farm is on the site of a former working farm, and EGStoltzfus has planned the community to preserve the sense of open space, Dula says.
The land, which has a conservation easement, will include walking trails near Swarr Run, picnic areas, seating benches and a community park with pavilion, Dula says.
Beyond Landis Farm’s own amenities, it offers easy access to routes 283 and 30, and it’s in close proximity to Spooky Nook Sports complex, Park City Center, Lancaster General Health Campus and the Hempfield Rec Center.
With the grand opening still a week away, Landis Farm has already garnered interest from a number of sneak preview events, Dula says. To date, five homes have been sold and 11 lots reserved out of a total of 36 in the first phase.
For those who want more personal attention to review the home sites, a number of time slots are available from 9 a.m. to noon all three days of grand opening weekend for one-on-one meetings with a new home sales specialist. To reserve a time slot, visit www.egstoltzfus.com/landisfarm.
Landis Farm is located in the Hempfield School District. The community will include a homeowner’s association fee, as well as lawn maintenance and snow removal for the carriage home section of the development.
For more information, sign up online for news and updates at www.egstoltzfus.com/landisfarm or call the sales office at 717-393-0212
Directions: From Lancaster, take Harrisburg Pike to Bowman Road. Turn left on Bowman Road, then right on Pennscott Drive. Model home sales center is on the right.